WEB FORUM ELOS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WEB FORUM ELOS

THE AQUARIUM COMPANY

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

micro bubbles - Midi system

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bluesea

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-08-19

micro bubbles - Midi system Empty
PostSubject: micro bubbles - Midi system   micro bubbles - Midi system EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 6:38 pm

Dani hope you're around i am having a problem with lots of micro bubbles in the tank, all the stock etc has now been in for 3 weeks, is there anything i cand do to get rid of them please driving me nuts - Also still have a lot of noise from the overflow pipe is there a piece i can get like the one added to the Mini to solve the problem?
Back to top Go down
***dani***
ELOS Team
***dani***

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Re: micro bubbles - Midi system   micro bubbles - Midi system EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 5:33 pm

Hi bluesea.

Have you read this?
http://eloswebring.blogspot.com/search/label/Addendum

Back to top Go down
http://www.danireef.com
bluesea

PostSubject: Re: micro bubbles - Midi system   micro bubbles - Midi system EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 6:56 pm

Hi Dani

yes i have read this but i dont have the part on the drain to adjust ?
Back to top Go down
bluesea

PostSubject: Re: micro bubbles - Midi system   micro bubbles - Midi system EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 11:43 pm

Dani, at the moment i do not have an sicce pump in the sump (dont know if this does not help, have a different one at the moment) as i have had problems with the pump that came with the tank - the first time i turned the pumps off to do maintenance in the tank and sump ( two weeks ago) tried to turn the pump back on the skimmer pump worked but the return pump did not, took it out to check for a blockage etc no everything fine tried again in a bucket of water nothing! I wrote to Elos france who said to send it back which cost me €15 postage and €85 for a new pump to keep the tank going.

They sent it back last week saying that i must have opened it up as the propeller was dislodged from its bearings which was why it did not work -all i had done was open as the instructions said for cleaning did not take the propeller out, they sent it back last week - well tried it in a bucket of water fine worked put it back in the tank turned on - nothing!!! not even a hum took it out tried again in a bucket nothing - my husband wrote back to elos to say once again it does not work, just received a very shitty email back saying now that there is air in the pump need to clear the air and that they sell 500 of these pumps a month and have never had a problem with any of them and if i wish to complain then to go directly to the manufacture they had washed there hands of me. ( anti english and anti women i feel)) I am not impressed at all with Elos france i love this tank but have been treated badly by their customer service i shall be complaining to Elos italy its giving them a bad name I asked france also about the micro bubbles only to be ignored and about the sponge on the pump as instructions no reply and about instructions which i did not have at first to which they stated Elos have no instructions translated well Elos uk got them for me.

I am very angry at how i am being treated here in france i do not blame Elos italy they properly dont even know what is going on, I ask on here for help, Elos UK and Elos usa as they all seem to have a fantastic customer service. I have paid alot of money for what should be a top class tank and top class customer service to go with it, I am not amused and very very upset
Back to top Go down
***dani***
ELOS Team
***dani***

PostSubject: Re: micro bubbles - Midi system   micro bubbles - Midi system EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:14 pm

Hi bluesea

Which type of pump you've in the sump isn't important, it's important that have almost the same flow.

As you describe the problem of your pump, I think it could have some problem.

It's very hard to believe to your words, because I know Francesco of ElosFrance, and, as far as I know, he is a very pleasant man, so it seems strange to me he could answer to you in such a manner. I hope it can be only a misunderstandings.

I'm sorry to inform you that elos uk doesn't exist for now, but for any trouble, you can write directly to me, if Francesco is not able to help you.

So I hope that everything can be fixed.

To start again, now you have a broken pump, and problem with bubbles, right?
Back to top Go down
bluesea

PostSubject: Re: micro bubbles - Midi system   micro bubbles - Midi system EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 11:43 pm

Yes one broken pump and lots of micro bubbles !! i think also i have the overflow on the right hand side (as per instructions) which give off lots of bubbles in to the sump i can not move it to the left hand side as have been told to do as the flexy is now too short (yes i cut it to fit) i think if i had moved the overflow on to the left side next to the skimmer it would have helped, please bear with me have never had a sump before have only done as the instructions said if i had only known better! while on the subject of the sump can you recommend what to put in the way of filter materials and in which compartments? i only have filter floss in there at the moment

Dont know if there is anything i can do to sort the micro bubbles out maybe too late now
Back to top Go down
***dani***
ELOS Team
***dani***

PostSubject: Re: micro bubbles - Midi system   micro bubbles - Midi system EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 10:43 am

It's the first time I hear about micro bubbles in the midi tank... so I think could be something wrong on your setup, I mean something slightly different from the optimal setup.

So, can you attach here some pictures of your sump please? From different angles, beacuse I have to understand from where the bubbles come.

After correcting this problem will go on with the other.

Danilo
Back to top Go down
bluesea

PostSubject: Re: micro bubbles - Midi system   micro bubbles - Midi system EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 6:14 pm

micro bubbles - Midi system IMG_0276

micro bubbles - Midi system IMG_0277_1

is this any good?

The bubbles are coming from the overflow pipe

Hope you can guide me on getting the set up correct !!

thank you Dani

Sorry i meant someone who is an agent for Elos in the UK not Elos UK
Back to top Go down
elosfrance

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: micro bubbles - Midi system   micro bubbles - Midi system EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 3:03 pm

vous devez retourner la pompe verte aquarium system car elle doit capter la sortie de votre vanne du filtre mechanical unit
Back to top Go down
bluesea

PostSubject: Re: micro bubbles - Midi system   micro bubbles - Midi system EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 8:24 pm

desolé je ne comprend pas?
Back to top Go down
***dani***
ELOS Team
***dani***

PostSubject: Re: micro bubbles - Midi system   micro bubbles - Midi system EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 8:13 pm

Hi bluesea, sorry for delay, but you can try to turn 180° your green pump, because now it captures the bubble coming from filter (down in the pictures).

Try on, wait a couple of days, and let us know.

Danilo
Back to top Go down
bluesea

PostSubject: Re: micro bubbles - Midi system   micro bubbles - Midi system EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 8:16 pm

Ok i will try and let you know thank you
Back to top Go down
***dani***
ELOS Team
***dani***

PostSubject: Re: micro bubbles - Midi system   micro bubbles - Midi system EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 11:35 am

Any news?
Back to top Go down
bluesea

PostSubject: Re: micro bubbles - Midi system   micro bubbles - Midi system EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 12:05 pm

Hi Dani

There are less bubbles, but i now think that the green pump, is throwing out bubbles as well! hoping to get the sicce pump sorted this week, once that is back (hopefully) maybe i might get somewhere - the company sicce is now dealing with the pump the last email we had said

'you will receive the substitution pump asap to avoid further inconvenience'

this was the 20th October, we of course have problems here at the moment with strikes so it may be held up.

Will keep you informed, in the meanwhile i would like to put the auto top up on, can you help with this please?
Back to top Go down
***dani***
ELOS Team
***dani***

PostSubject: Re: micro bubbles - Midi system   micro bubbles - Midi system EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Quote :

Will keep you informed, in the meanwhile i would like to put the auto top up on, can you help with this please?

yes sure, but what is the problem?

You have to put the RO water in the RO tank, then connect the pipe to pump, and putting the float in the right place... connect the pump to energy and...

everything will be ok, otherwise you hear some sound from oscontroller... which type of sound?

Danilo
Back to top Go down
bluesea

PostSubject: Re: micro bubbles - Midi system   micro bubbles - Midi system EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 5:21 pm

where and how low should the float be in the sump?
Back to top Go down
***dani***
ELOS Team
***dani***

PostSubject: Re: micro bubbles - Midi system   micro bubbles - Midi system EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 6:37 pm

If I don't remember bad... there is a sign outside the sump...

In any case you can put the float at 15cm from the bottom... and try out...
Back to top Go down
bluesea

PostSubject: Re: micro bubbles - Midi system   micro bubbles - Midi system EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:56 pm

thank you will try
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: micro bubbles - Midi system   micro bubbles - Midi system Empty

Back to top Go down

micro bubbles - Midi system
Page 1 of 1