WEB FORUM ELOS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WEB FORUM ELOS

THE AQUARIUM COMPANY

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Osmo not maintaining salinity

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
buckcherry

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-05-17

Osmo not maintaining salinity Empty
PostSubject: Osmo not maintaining salinity   Osmo not maintaining salinity EmptySun May 18, 2008 2:59 am

Curious if anyone else has this problem, my salinity slowly rises, even though the osmo is working properly. And yes, it tops off with fresh water. Elos 70, everything else is working great. Totally baffling.
Back to top Go down
***dani***
ELOS Team
***dani***

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Osmo not maintaining salinity   Osmo not maintaining salinity EmptyMon May 19, 2008 10:29 am

buckcherry wrote:
Curious if anyone else has this problem, my salinity slowly rises, even though the osmo is working properly. And yes, it tops off with fresh water. Elos 70, everything else is working great. Totally baffling.

How do you measure aquarium salinity?
When do you measure it? From evening to morning? From two days in two days? After a water change?

Maybe this is the problem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.danireef.com
elosusa
ELOS Team

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Osmo not maintaining salinity   Osmo not maintaining salinity EmptyMon May 19, 2008 9:45 pm

Is it steadily rising or fluctuating throughout the day? It is possible to make a custom setting for the osmocontroller to reduce or increase the dosing period before and after the level switch has been activated which would reduce fluctuations but the increasing of salinity over time is indeed, baffling if this is the case.
Back to top Go down
buckcherry

PostSubject: Re: Osmo not maintaining salinity   Osmo not maintaining salinity EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 4:21 pm

I usually measure it on Sun afternoon right before my water change. I measure with three devices, a reftracto, a floating and swing-arm. They all indicate a rise in Salinity. It is weird as I don't do anything unusual to the tank, just osmo kalk and that's it. I've been able to keep it under control by using slightly lower salinity in the water change water. It's not a big deal, but thought someone else may have an answer.
Back to top Go down
RADAR1

RADAR1

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: Osmo not maintaining salinity   Osmo not maintaining salinity EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 5:55 pm

I have an odd occurance happening where I am getting Evap but my salinity is not changing. No creap or salt buildup from what I can tell but if I leave my top off on my Salinity will drop too much.
Back to top Go down
buckcherry

PostSubject: Re: Osmo not maintaining salinity   Osmo not maintaining salinity EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 4:58 am

Well, I got the answer, we join our two tanks together and problem solved!

I can see salinity lowering if auto top off dumps too much fresh water in, you may want to look at that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Osmo not maintaining salinity   Osmo not maintaining salinity Empty

Back to top Go down

Osmo not maintaining salinity
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WEB FORUM ELOS  :: Saltwater - Acquari Marini :: Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment - Luce Filtrazione e Tecnica Marina-
Jump to: