WEB FORUM ELOS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WEB FORUM ELOS

THE AQUARIUM COMPANY

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lighting a Elos 70?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
chem-e

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-17

Lighting a Elos 70? Empty
PostSubject: Lighting a Elos 70?   Lighting a Elos 70? EmptyThu May 22, 2008 2:15 am

If anyone has pics of what they use to light their Elos 70, I'd be really interested in seeing them.

I currently have a Teklight with a hanging kit and I'm looking for something to upgrade to. I've been going back and forth with the MH/T5 combo fixtures and the T5 only fixture for some time now. At first it was the Elos Planet II or the Giesemann Infiniti and then it was the ATI Powermodule.

In using my Teklight, my temps rarely go above 80F, so I don't run a chiller and I don't even need a fan.
This is probably the main reason I like the T5 fixture.

What is everyone else using to light their tanks?
Back to top Go down
***dani***
ELOS Team
***dani***

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Lighting a Elos 70?   Lighting a Elos 70? EmptyThu May 22, 2008 5:29 pm

In my personal opinion t5 for your tank are too short... 24w is 58 cm...

Anyway everything is related to your tank... softies? fishes? sps? lps?

I think you have to choose from 8x24 T5 or 1x250 for sps, 6x24 or 1x150 for other.
Back to top Go down
http://www.danireef.com
RADAR1

RADAR1

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: Lighting a Elos 70?   Lighting a Elos 70? EmptySat May 24, 2008 12:41 am

No pics of it up and running yet but I have the Plannet II 1X250 4 X T5's
Back to top Go down
buckcherry

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Lighting a Elos 70?   Lighting a Elos 70? EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 4:25 pm

I'll be getting a PII shortly, anyone have any good pictures of all the color combinations to choose from. I've seen the ferari and light blue one on RC Elos forum and the light grey one at my store, but would like to see really nice picks of the white and whale greys, as well as black and other colors.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
RADAR1

RADAR1

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: Lighting a Elos 70?   Lighting a Elos 70? EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 5:53 pm

So I dont have any new pics but if you check my thread in nano tanks forum I do have a pic of my white PII.
Back to top Go down
***dani***
ELOS Team
***dani***

PostSubject: Re: Lighting a Elos 70?   Lighting a Elos 70? EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 7:05 pm

I've this one:

Lighting a Elos 70? 5d1e57a412d89ae65e152dc016853e3e

and this concept Smile) cool!!!

Lighting a Elos 70? Planet_carbonio
Back to top Go down
***dani***
ELOS Team
***dani***

PostSubject: Re: Lighting a Elos 70?   Lighting a Elos 70? EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 10:12 pm

I've found also

Lighting a Elos 70? Planet

thanks to: http://glassbox-design.com/2008/elos-e-power-250w-naked-or-with-icecap-ballast/
Back to top Go down
buckcherry

PostSubject: Re: Lighting a Elos 70?   Lighting a Elos 70? EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 4:54 am

Wow that carbon one is awesome! But being in the carbon repair of hockey sticks business, I can attest that carbon fibre is Sooo expensive, I don't even want to imagine what that costs!

I really like the dark gray and white ones. Does anyone know if the white matches the laminate on the elos stands?

Dani, I do like the one you have too. Do you know if they make a black glossy one?
Back to top Go down
***dani***
ELOS Team
***dani***

PostSubject: Re: Lighting a Elos 70?   Lighting a Elos 70? EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 9:35 am

Hi buckcherry

The carbon one is only a concept, but when Elos talked to me with the idea to build it, they spoke of overprice of about 50 euro, not so much. But it's only a coating... ;-)

Quote :
Does anyone know if the white matches the laminate on the elos stands?

I didn't seen side by side, but I know that every color matches with laminate of forniture (the idea of the carbon was also for carbon coating also for forniture...)

Quote :
Dani, I do like the one you have too.

I haven't any... I'm thinking about new Elos E-Power...

Quote :
Do you know if they make a black glossy one?

I don't know, but I can ask Wink
Back to top Go down
buckcherry

PostSubject: Re: Lighting a Elos 70?   Lighting a Elos 70? EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 3:25 am

Yea, that carbon, even if just a coating is sweet. I'm probably going to go with a dark gray whale color one, although I just saw a picture (in this forum's nano area) of a white one. Now, I'm wondering... white or gray.

I wish Elos made was a HQI MH with LED combination (instead of T5). I love shimmer effect and intensity of MH, but also the benefits of LED. Perhaps next year.

Dani, you are so lucky in Italy, you have Elos Studios everywhere. I was in Italy this summer and visited a couple. I saw more Elos stuff in one store than I've seen here in the US. Our dealers just haven't caught on fully. To date, I haven't seen a kalc reatonr 120, no one has it.
Back to top Go down
***dani***
ELOS Team
***dani***

PostSubject: Re: Lighting a Elos 70?   Lighting a Elos 70? EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 6:22 pm

buckcherry wrote:

I wish Elos made was a HQI MH with LED combination (instead of T5). I love shimmer effect and intensity of MH, but also the benefits of LED. Perhaps next year.

and...... is...

Lighting a Elos 70? DSC_3650

Quote :
Dani, you are so lucky in Italy, you have Elos Studios everywhere. I was in Italy this summer and visited a couple.

Where did you go?

Quote :
I saw more Elos stuff in one store than I've seen here in the US. Our dealers just haven't caught on fully. To date, I haven't seen a kalc reatonr 120, no one has it.

I've it :-)

I must admit I've to set up it... when I'll come back from my holiday to red sea I'll put on my tank

Lighting a Elos 70? DSC_2444
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lighting a Elos 70?   Lighting a Elos 70? Empty

Back to top Go down

Lighting a Elos 70?
Page 1 of 1