WEB FORUM ELOS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WEB FORUM ELOS

THE AQUARIUM COMPANY

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
***dani***
ELOS Team
***dani***

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2008-05-15

The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130! Empty
PostSubject: The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130!   The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130! EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 6:53 pm

Finally my new project takes off. After the problem of my previous tank that after two years had almost completely unstuck ( http://www.danireef.com/2009/09/26/my-tank-has-got-a-big-problem ), I ordered a new tank and thanks to Alessandro Falco who lent me his aquarium to keep "on holiday" my adored fish, I managed at last to take off.

The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130! DSD_4342

The choice of measures has been to prefer a tank that would give the idea of being large, so a very wide format, despite the height. So I confirmed the length of the front window of 130 cm, while I had to settle of a width of 60 cm, and a total height of 50 cm, which might give a more wide aquascape, this also because of the layout I have in mind and you'll see soon.

The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130! DSD_4355

Even the furniture was finally built to measure, and I say finally especially for those who remember of the previous one... that I wanted but that I never finished, thanks to my proverbial manual skills ;-)

The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130! DSD_4343

Forniture and tank have been ordered to Elos and I had to wait a month before the delivery order, I was actually very lucky, it is often necessary to wait up to 2 months from the order, for oversized items.

The bottom of tank is constructed by two layers of glass glued together in a staggered, as shown in next photo, which notes the characteristic bonding Elos.

The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130! DSD_4338

The overflow, for obvious aesthetic reasons, has been placed on the far left, and is very tiny, measuring 15x11, 5 cm outside, inside is empty and has the two hoses for loading and unloading.

Into the overflow you can see the sump, that for now it's empty

The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130! DSD_4351

The tank will have a cycling accelerated as soon as possible to enter the fish as I said I'm managing to another aquarium, and then take two aquarium together is not the best economically. I will use very few rocks, and begin with live sand. The rocks come from an existing aquarium, and even the light will start immediately with 4 hours.

For now I leave you with pictures of the tank just in place, expect comments, criticisms, questions, and why not ... ideas ...

All the pictures are here: http://www.danireef.com/2009/11/09/the-new-project-of-danireef-the-tank/
Back to top Go down
http://www.danireef.com
***dani***
ELOS Team
***dani***

PostSubject: Re: The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130!   The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130! EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 10:49 am

As I promised you, my project goes on...

Here I present the new live rocks aquascape!

If you go on my website you can play with led effetc by passing the mouse over the images you can light on orr off the leds Smile

The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130! DSD_4363

Yes the lighting system isn't ready, because a part of it, one of the HQi, has been serving the other tank in the attic, feature actually quite comfortable in these cases.

Apart from these pictures, I preferred to turn off the LEDs to not modify the colors.

As I have said the rock is very different from what we usually see in the tanks, it is a bit 'of time the thought seems to have changed, leading us to set up more tanks empty, I perhaps I wanted to exaggerate, coming to use only 25 kilograms of rocks into a tank of size 130x60x50h, 390 liters.

The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130! DSD_4359

For the first setting I used live sand, especially to speed up the cycling because my fishes are spending their holiday in my attic.

The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130! DSD_4368

The tank was set up Saturday, and three days later, on Tuesday, the values measured with brand new test kits measured:

NH3/NH4: 0
NO2: 0
NO3: 1
PO4: 0
pH: 8,2
dKh: 8

I must say an excellent result, which makes me think of the good idea to have begun with the live sand, for your information I used Ocean Direct Original Grade della Carib Sea

The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130! DSD_4380

The skimmer does not have anything foam, and Tuesday night I entered the first hermit, and I assume that soon I will insert a few fish to see how the new tank behaves biologically.

The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130! Rocciata-da-lavoro

A stereoscopic view of the rock

The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130! DSD_4360

Finally still pictures with and without LED, especially for those who failed to see the application in the first picture

The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130! DSD_4361_wide
The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130! DSD_4363_wide

I only have one indecision on the positioning of the movement pump. I am not very sure to use the Stream, it most likely will use the Vortech MP-40 in the same position of the stream that you see in the picture. But I would bring it closer to the overflow, what do you think? Too close to the rock in that case? Better the Tunze slightly oriented as now?

The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130! DSD_4378

And, as always, all pictures taken are on my website: DaniReef
Back to top Go down
RADAR1

RADAR1

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130!   The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 7:00 am

Love the size. wish I could upgrade to a 120 at least.
Back to top Go down
***dani***
ELOS Team
***dani***

PostSubject: Re: The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130!   The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:34 am

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
RADAR1

RADAR1

PostSubject: Re: The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130!   The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130! EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 1:42 am

Any updates? If there is no new prgress you might as well box it up and send it to me. pirat
Back to top Go down
***dani***
ELOS Team
***dani***

PostSubject: Re: The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130!   The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130! EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 11:14 am

Hi Radar1, eheh :-) it could be a big box!!!

I have no pictures yet, because I've thought to my tank as a long time project, so I placed some montipora in key place... and I'm waiting they grow up...

If the things go on like now, it's possible to se the new layout in about six month from now :-)

Thanks

Danilo
Back to top Go down
RADAR1

RADAR1

PostSubject: Re: The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130!   The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130! EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 8:34 pm

So where is the update. I knwo that tank had more in it now. Pretty sure I got glimps of it somehwere else.. Also how do you like the epowers? I bought a pair of the 250 watt pendands used and was kind of shocked really with the finish of the light overall. I'll be modifying mine and will show you pics when it's done.
Back to top Go down
***dani***
ELOS Team
***dani***

PostSubject: Re: The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130!   The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130! EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 9:45 pm

Hi Radar2... Yes the tank is ready to show... but I've a problem with dynoflagellate... so it's not so amazing...but when I'll kill them all Smile I'll post a great update...

Thanks!

Danilo
Back to top Go down
***dani***
ELOS Team
***dani***

PostSubject: Re: The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130!   The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130! EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 9:46 pm

And yes, I'm very happy with my E-power!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130!   The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130! Empty

Back to top Go down

The new project of DaniReef: My Elos 130!
Page 1 of 1